To avoid misuse, inadequate handling and conservation of Vista Alegre products, generally we advise:
Resistant to varying temperatures
Do not drag the piece on top of others to avoid scratches on the decorated surface.
PIECES WITH GOLD OR PLATINUM
Avoid storage for long periods inside of paper boxes (in case of oxidation, it can be removed with an appropriate non aggressive metal cleaning product and soft and dry flannel, test in a small area before use).
In the dishwasher, we recommend short washing cycles at low temperatures. Avoid frequent washing.
When washing by hand, use soft sponges and mild detergents.
Try not to touch the pieces directly with your fingers on the decorated areas, (the stains caused by fingerprints can be removed with a soft cloth).
Should not be used in the microwave.
BISCUIT (UNGLAZED) PIECES
To achieve the original whiteness, please wash the pieces with warm and non-aggressive detergent. If necessary use a soft brush.
Vista Alegre cutlery is produced with the highest quality materials; to maintain its original condition over the years, some care will suffice.
• After each use, remove food residue, to avoid prolonged contact with the cutlery;
• When washing the cutlery by hand, use hot water, a neutral detergent, and a soft sponge or cloth;
• When washing the cutlery in the dishwasher, avoid using abrasive detergents;
• Place cutlery in the cutlery basket handles down. Separate knives from the rest of the cutlery;
• Do not wash Vista Alegre cutlery in contact with other metallic objects;
• Take special care with knife blades. Due to their sharpness, knife blades are especially sensitive to oxidation. For this reason, dry knife blades after washing them;
• To regain the original shine and to remove stains caused by poor washing, you can use a soft cloth with a few drops of lemon juice;
• Try to store cutlery in a dry place.
• Preferably wash 24-carat-gold-plated Vista Alegre cutlery in the dishwasher. Follow the instructions above. Set the dishwasher at a temperature below 60 ºC. Use a detergent that has a phosphate content of 10% or less;
• If you choose manual washing, use hot water, a neutral detergent, and a soft cloth. Do not apply pressure on the cutlery.
Hand washing is preferable. However, in order to keep the shine of PVD coated cutlery, you can wash it in the dishwasher.
CRYSTAL AND GLASS
In order to maintain the brilliance, clarity and luminosity of the pieces (especially crystal) it is necessary to follow some guidelines for their maintenance, as well as taking due care during their handling.
Before washing the pieces, we advise the removal of rings, bracelets and other objects that could scratch the crystal.
Do not leave the items in areas of direct sunlight, as he concentration of the sun´s rays can represent a fire hazard.
Do not put the pieces in very hot water or in the freezer.
Do not stack the pieces one on top of the other.
The pieces must be washed in warm water to avoid thermic shock and use only a non-abrasive detergent. The use of a dishwasher machine is not recommended for the thicker items.
Crystal must always be cleaned with a clean and soft dry cloth, to maintain its brilliance.
To remove stains or fingermarks simply clean the piece with a cloth soaked in alcohol.
Do not use abrasive cleaning products. Only use a damp cloth. In some cases, through contact with very hot or cold food, damage can be caused to the painted area of the items.
FLASKS AND VASES
In the case of flasks with drink residues or vases with traces of calcium, it is recommended to use a solution of water and vinegar.
It is also possible to wash out the insides of flasks and vases with water and detergent and a few grains of rice, carefully swilling around with gentle circular movements.
Add a few drops of vinegar or bleach to the water in the vases.
Change the water after 3 days.
Do not use plant foods.
WINE GLASSES AND TUMBLERS
Do not place glasses face down on the draining board or when storing, as the delicate rims are the most fragile part of wine glasses and tumblers (especially crystal ones).
When washing or cleaning the bowl, do not make circular movements while holding the stem or the foot, as the stress can cause the glass to break.
Never let a candle burn right down to the end, as the heat can cause the candleholder to break, causing a fire.
The candle needs to be extinguished when it reaches around 1 cm from the edge of the candleholder.
Never leave a burning candle unattended. Ensure that burning candles are kept out of the reach of children.